Sunday, December 27, 2009

More Christmas Around My House

Here is the Christmas cactus on Christmas Day. I was so happy to see that more than a month after it began blooming, and even with frost advisories, it was looking happy and pretty Christmas afternoon.



These roses were blooming on Christmas Day.



The last of the big red roses, which I brought in on Christmas Day.



On Christmas Eve Day a dear friend stopped by with these beautiful flowers.



The flowers added to the colors of Christmas and also reminded me of the legend that says that at the moment of Christ's birth all the flowers bloomed. That same legend says that the animals spoke and the birds sang. I love these legends.

A blessed third day of Christmas. I am so grateful for this beautiful and peaceful time of year and for the memories I have of my family and Christmases past.

No comments: