Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday, March 1, 2009

A new month and old problems. Why can't I change the contents of my slideshow? This seems silly. I wasted an inordinate amount of time the first time that I set this up and now I have repeated the frustration.

The good news is that it rained all day today and there is more to come. I am heartened by this for it means that the garden will not have to be completely abandoned.

It is also the first Sunday of Lent. Is the recession penance enough? Or would it be practical to see how we can alleviate the effects of same recession in our neighborhoods and communities; by reaching out and helping one another.

My local church is reading a book about helping to build schools in Pakistan, while here in our very own neighborhood the local schools need help; here in our very own state the budget, even though passed, is still in crisis. That same budget means that many services needed by real people are in shambles. I would like to see Lenten practices that would focus on our spiritual lives first and then if we are inclined to alleviate poverty do so at home.

There is a certain feeling of disconnection to this and it makes me discontented.

I am nonetheless grateful for the rain and will try to figure out how to make the software work as well.

No comments: