Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

Happy New Year! The disc jockey on the radio station I listen to just said that he always makes a gratitude list at the end of the year. Here is mine.

I am grateful for
My family and the gift of digital photography that through Facebook allowed me to almost be with them this year. Seeing pictures in the same week made me feel so much more a part of Christmas.

Friends both near and far and for all the visitors that I have been blessed by this week--more to come.

Customers--several who at the last minute unexpectedly turned my Christmas cash flow positive.

Google for the opportunity to blog here and the great picture viewer, Picasa.

My DSL and that I figured it out for myself.

My garden which was work as well as blessing.

The memories I carry of my parents and family living in this house that I still live in and all the good times, festal and ferial that we had here.

The election that will return Democrats to the majority. Let's hope and help that they can actually get some of the things done that need doing.

Health, which is not the same as disability. I am a rather healthy disabled person.

For music and flowers and good food and rain and sunshiny days and so many other things that I can't think of right now. I'm sure the list could go on. I like this idea better than the resolutions list. So I am grateful to the radio announcer on KDFC who suggested it.

I am full of gratitude and hope for 2009. Good way to end and to begin. May you be blessed. Along with our to do lists in 2009, let's not forget to make gratitude lists.

No comments: