Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Garden Grows

The Cecil Brunner Roses fill the corner of the backyard. The first two poppies have bloomed, one an astonishing splash of red in the midst of all the green, ferny foliage. My seedlings are also growing.



It is really exciting to think that there will be vegetables and herbs growing there soon where an enormous pieces of vintage driftwood once resided.

I am hoping to have more herbs in pots, too. Gardening is so much fun. I am so grateful to the friends who make it possible for me.

My friend who has the irises in her garden brought more today and we had a fun visit as well. There are six flowers and four buds. I love the way the blue and peach contrast with one another. Watching the buds grow into flowers is also much joy. It is marvelous to wake up in the morning and look out into the dining room to see flowers.

No comments: