Friday, February 29, 2008

More Bolani Recipes

The other day, I discovered some bolani in my freezer that I hadn't eaten yet. Since it is nearing the end of the month, it is time to scrounge for what is on hand and use it creatively rather than to buy more. So I pulled out the pumpkin bolani and heated it in my large skillet with a little canola oil. It crisped up around the edges and smelt absolutely wonderful. With a drizzle of honey and a scoop of plain yogurt it was like having dessert for lunch. Delicious!

Then I realized there were spinach bolani in the freezer as well. Warmed up the same way and topped with freshly sauted (in canola again) mushrooms and parmesan cheese this was another wonderful combination. I should probably team up with these folks to write a booklet on how to use their marvelous products. (Another idea. I don't need more ideas!)

February has been a slow month, colder than usual and I am glad that tomorrow is the beginning of March--I hope it will be better all around for everyone whom I know who has been struggling through February.

The daffodils, tulips and hyacinths have lightened the burden of February. Spring is coming. Easter will soon be here. The flowering plum trees are blooming. Hope is in the air with the promise of the Resurrection. I hope that I do not hope in vain. Hope is akin to gratitude. Perhaps if we do not hope we cannot be grateful. I am grateful for spring and for quiet time to try to work on the myriad of projects I have started. Perhaps some will finally be completed this year.

No comments: