Monday, January 28, 2008

Sunshine Monday

We are having a "clearing weather" day and the sun is trying to shine! It is beautiful but too cold. My amaryllis is opening even more and growing on the kitchen counter.
Only three more days of January and then February will fly by and hopefully Spring will show signs of arriving.

Last night I seriously edited the first half of the first major section of the novel I spoke about several weeks ago. This section has been edited so many times, that it would be really great if I could just leave it alone. Even now I am tweaking and what is far worse, finding typos. Oh if I could only type! I see what should be there and what is and so am a rotten proofreader.

Finding the next section, which is much bigger and which exists in both the physical, printed listing mode and the files on computer mode and will have to be recovered in both will be the next task after I re-read the rest of part one tonight. So tomorrow's work is well cut out for me as is the next week or more.

Finding a writing coach, finding an agent and finding a publisher are all tasks I have been putting off for a decade. This seems like the year to finally reach out and try. (I can always just give up and pdf file the whole thing and share it with those who want to read it the most.) (She thinks in her less confident moments.)

It has been a long time since I worked on this project, long enough so that I am almost reading it as though it were written by someone else. That is good. On the other hand, I don't think I could do the research now, even with the Internet. I just tire too quickly and too easily. So more progress reports lie ahead.

In the meantime, the Valentines are so pretty and colorful. I do hope I sell a few.

No comments: