Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

The day is beautiful and bright although a bit chilly. Still it is a gift in itself.
A friend brought a pie and it is baked and smelled wonderful. My dinner will be festal even though eaten alone.

Even though it has gotten notably chillier, roses still bloom on my front deck. I am going to peer out one last time before the sun goes down.

Moving a knitting project to a much longer (much needed longer) needle has allowed me to see how big this thing is. A garter stitch shawl of hand-dyed wool, it is beautiful and much easier to work on with the longer needle. I am grateful that I have a goodly collection of needles to play with and choose from for my projects.

I am thankful this day and wrote, "Give Thanks" at the top of my to do list for the day. Next, came "Praise God". Those should be at the top everyday.

One of the things that I am not grateful for is the constant steady flow of big, loud commercials for idiotically early day after Thanksgiving specials. 3:00 am, 4:00 am and 5:00 am are touted as the times for the sales to begin. Ruin Thanksgiving! This is absurd! I think a national boycott is called for. No one should start shopping until Saturday. And none of the "special sale" stuff if it is really junky.

There, that is out of my system. I will go back to watching EWTN as I work on a card project. It isn't nearly as loud, isn't obnoxious and doesn't have any of those icky, repulsive commercials.

No comments: