Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Day Late

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday. "Memento homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris." (Remember human, you are dust and to dust you will return.") —Genesis 3:19

Wikipedia got it right in the following link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Wednesday

I decided that I would not give up chocolate for Lent, because I knew that I wouldn't stick to it. I have removed the Pathwords application from my Facebook profile until Lent is over and I will find the links to the Gregorian chant sites online so that I can listen to the chant for Lent. I should probably give up NCIS for Lent. Maybe I'd get more done in the evenings, but I like the characters too much to give them up.

Mostly, life is lentish enough all year round here, so I am not worrying too much about it. I think that I should focus on the postive and see what if anything I can do to be useful. (Giving up watching the news might not be a bad thing.)

Writing to the President's special assistant on disability about changes that we need is one thing I must do. (Friends and family who are reading this, you have, as my late father used to say, "A license to nag". Comments, emails, remarks on what you think needs to be done, and along the line of, "So have you written the letter yet?" will be greatly appreciated.)

The Clinton administration made strides toward making it more possible for someone with a disability to earn more and not be cut off from access to health care. I believe that leveling the playing field and making only one standard instead of the current two in SSA would be a big step forward. Instead of SGA (Substantial Gainful Activity) allowing people to work half time at whatever is the usual and customary amount for the kind of work they do in the area in which they live would make sense. Ah, yes, making the government make sense---

I hope for a Lent of rain. The rain that was supposed to come yesterday and continue today never materialized. We need water so desperately! So I will pray for rain. Please join me.

My St Patrick's design's are ready on my cafepress website--link to the right.

A good although not very bloggish week.

No comments: