Friday, November 21, 2008

Buckwheat Noodles

The buckwheat noodles are fabulous! Time consuming but simple nonetheless. They are well worth the effort and I will definitely make them again. They are part of an Italian recipe that includes potatoes and cabbage. I see a recipe variation coming here because I would like to try the cabbage and mushrooms. Of course I added garlic to the dish. There can never be too much garlic.

It would be an excellent meal served with pumpkin custard--I no longer make pie--and my favorite salad of butter lettuce, mandarin oranges and avocado with a light dressing.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and Advent is a week away. I hope to discipline myself to read the Advent readings this year, they are so beautiful, and to post about them, thus fulfilling the Catholic and spiritual part of this blog a little better than I have. It is a time of expectation and therefore of joy.

Today the sun shines in and warms my house, which was quite chilly this morning and I am grateful for that as well as the good food and the company of my friend who shared it with me.

No comments: