Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday

Or is it? After all the hoopla and ads quiet down will we be better served for having the primary process so early? What will be the encore since the election is still months away and several seasons too. I don't really like having these elections in winter, spring would be better. I hate hearing of last minute polls and would like to see them eliminated and I do wish that the ads would cease on Saturday night so that some quiet reflection time could be regained before the actual election. Tomorrow we will know, probably who the candidates are going to be in the Fall. Will it be anti-climatic?

It is also Shrove Tuesday or Fat Tuesday, the last day before Lent begins. In a very traditional Lent all the butter and eggs should be used up on this day--pancakes are traditional. Catholics will abstain from eating meat on Ash Wednesday and the Fridays in Lent. We used to abstain from eating meat on Fridays all year long--that shows my age.

I am not ready for Lent to begin. This is too early. Maybe that is part of the reason I am so grumpy about "Super Tuesday"--it is too cold and I just want to hibernate.

Hibernation would be a good way to use up the weeks of Lent--but wouldn't be very productive, either for my business or my soul. (And I would have to wake up to pay the bills in March--definitely something no bear or groundhog need worry about.)

So I will make pancakes sometime today--probably for lunch fairly soon and go back to writing. (The keyboard is going to have to be replaced--it sticks and that is too much of a nuisance. I thought I was a slow typist until I started to try to use the on screen keyboard for the spacebar. Type a word, lift hand, mouse to spacebar, hand back to keyboard. Especially when the word is is or a preposition, this is unbelievably time-consuming. Still it is an advance of Windows XP that this exists at all and it was interesting to poke around at it.)

No comments: